Here are the cons from today (I figure I should get the negative out of my system and then focus on the positive so that at the end of this blog I feel more positive than negative):
- I drove over 100 miles for work today. About 3 of those miles were gravel roads… I was able to call my boyfriend and tell him that I could hear banjos playing. I hit a dead, mostly intact, deer along the way. Apparently my car smells good now (according to Harley).
- I discovered that I do not like eating mozzarella cheese by itself (classicallydysfunctionaldiet.wordpress.com).
- A cop dropped by the house to inform me that our town in now fining for overgrown lawns. Apparently (I need a thesaurus) our lawn is overgrown. He was kind enough to give me five days to fix the problem before fining me. **sigh** I had ask my wonderful boyfriend to mow the lawn before he left… He told me “no”. Oh well. I managed to cut about 1/2 of it today. I’m hoping to con (I need a thesaurus) someone in to weedeating our hillside.
- I came home to a puddle of dog pee (thanks Chloe) on the dining room floor. I guess it’s not so much a puddle as a spot. The dining room is carpeted. **sigh**
- I have to babysit for my good friends tomorrow… The babysitting in and of itself isn’t bad (well, depending on the day I guess). My friend’s aunt passed away unexpectedly and they’re going to her funeral.
- I miss my boyfriend. I really, really miss him. I miss coming home to nearly cooked meals, I miss his hugs, kisses… I miss that silly grin and his laugh… I can’t sleep. Ok, I sleep, but not very well. I miss his smell.
- I got to talk with my boyfriend briefly this morning. 🙂
- I drove 100+ miles for work… That’s roughly $47 I’ll get in my next expense check just for today’s mileage.
- Harley makes me feel loved.
- We have internet which means I can watch pretty much anything I want. Right now I’m catching up on Dexter. I’m on Season 3. I only own the first season…
- I fairly certain that at some point before I fall asleep that my darling boyfriend will be calling me. I love hearing his voice. 🙂
- Tomorrow is Saturday! I can sleep in!
- I have lost a total of 2.6 pounds since Wednesday. 😀
Days like today make you appreciate the small things in life. A bright cardinal was happily plucking at (do birds pluck?) a plant in the backyard. His colors were so very vibrant. Made me smile. 🙂