These are the things I’ve learned with using online dating sites:
- Most guys around my age are divorced with children.
- I will send 30 messages and receive one.
- Some guy got upset at me because I didn’t respond to his message. He is 41. I’m 30. He is divorced with like 4 kids and doesn’t want any more children. I have no children and definitely wants kids. I didn’t think a response was necessary due to our lack of commonalities. He told me I wouldn’t find someone to marry me. Ever. And that he’s a nice guy and I’m not nice because I didn’t respond. My response to that? “You haven’t shown me that you’re nice at all. I apologize for offending you. If I expected a response from every person I messaged, I’d be waiting forever.” Oh well.
- I attract women as well as men… (Hmmm…) 😉
- Some guys just want sex.
- I want sex, too. But I would really like to follow my logical brain and not just jump into bed with someone… You know, form a friendship, get to know each other, figure out what we each are looking for in a relationship, etc. Now, my slutty, sex-deprived brain says, “YOU HAVEN’T BEEN LAID IN THREE MONTHS!” **sigh** That’s why God made fingers and BOBs, right? Sure.
- Many guys are genuinely seeking love.
- I need to be more specific in my “what I’m looking for” section – this might help weed out some of the weirdos. Lol
- Patience is needed.
- Free dating websites have a lot of creepers.
- I really enjoy the anonymity of online messaging.
- I will *always* follow my meet-for-the-first-time-in-public rule. Always.