I kinda feel like I need a new, fresh blog to discuss things that I’m almost ashamed to admit even on here…
That is all.
Of all the online dating sites, POF is the absolute worst one. Period.
That is all.
I commented on my friend’s blog earlier to state, “My favorite part about your blogs is the pure honesty.”
I think I’d like to expound on that thought…
The greatest thing about blogging, and in my case blogging (mostly) anonymously, is that I can be purely honest. Within my blog I do not share my personal details (location, names, etc.) although I do share my blogs with some people (a very limited list) on fb and in emails. I feel like I can just be me with no judgments. Being able to express myself freely through blogging has definitely given me courage to say how I feel in any given situation.
I guess that is all for now. 🙂
These are the things I’ve learned with using online dating sites:
- Most guys around my age are divorced with children.
- I will send 30 messages and receive one.
- Some guy got upset at me because I didn’t respond to his message. He is 41. I’m 30. He is divorced with like 4 kids and doesn’t want any more children. I have no children and definitely wants kids. I didn’t think a response was necessary due to our lack of commonalities. He told me I wouldn’t find someone to marry me. Ever. And that he’s a nice guy and I’m not nice because I didn’t respond. My response to that? “You haven’t shown me that you’re nice at all. I apologize for offending you. If I expected a response from every person I messaged, I’d be waiting forever.” Oh well.
- I attract women as well as men… (Hmmm…) 😉
- Some guys just want sex.
- I want sex, too. But I would really like to follow my logical brain and not just jump into bed with someone… You know, form a friendship, get to know each other, figure out what we each are looking for in a relationship, etc. Now, my slutty, sex-deprived brain says, “YOU HAVEN’T BEEN LAID IN THREE MONTHS!” **sigh** That’s why God made fingers and BOBs, right? Sure.
- Many guys are genuinely seeking love.
- I need to be more specific in my “what I’m looking for” section – this might help weed out some of the weirdos. Lol
- Patience is needed.
- Free dating websites have a lot of creepers.
- I really enjoy the anonymity of online messaging.
- I will *always* follow my meet-for-the-first-time-in-public rule. Always.