What to do?!
I’ve talked at length with my landlady. She herself is at a loss as to what to do. She moved in to this townhouse thinking she’d be making commission with her job about last month. Well now she probably won’t be making commission for another 3 months. So, she can’t afford rent here and I can’t afford to pay (much) more than I already do. That said, she has asked the landlord (see rent’s the place and I rent the basment-ish area) to sublease the unit. So, now the place is up for rent again and neither of us know the next move.
- If I get the job I interviewed for yesterday, I will be able to afford my own place. 🙂
- If I don’t get the job, I need to find a different place (probably someone else’s basement) pronto.
- If my roomy/housemate/landlady moves in with her bf, I need to find a different place to live pronto.
- If she breaks up with her bf she might move back to her hometown and I will need to find a place pronto.
- If she breaks up with or stays with her bf and they don’t move in together, we could find another place together with less rent/space.
Right now I like the last option best.
Did I mention (I know I didn’t) that my ex wants me to move back in with me? So there’s that. Apparently his sister is going to get them evicted and he can’t stand living with her and blah, blah, blah. So he suggested we move in together if I get the job. I said that he would have to understand that we would have to have a 2BR place with each of us splitting everything 50/50. And I asked if he thought awkwardness would ensue if either of us started dating/sleeping with someone new. His reply, “do you have a fuck buddy?” Well, no, I said. That’s not the point though. I need him to understand that he’s not going to just waltz back into my bed and become my partner again just because we might live together. He needs to prove that he can treat me the way I deserve to be treated.
So yeah. How bout them apples?
Don’t get me wrong, I love the man. I just feel this overwhelming need to protect my heart…